Tooth loss doesn’t have to lead to an unhealthy, undesirable smile.
Right here at Yorkwood Village Dental, we’ve used dental implants to renew many smiles in Keswick and help patients protect their oral health for the future.
Tooth loss shouldn’t be ignored. Did you know … if you happen to lose just one tooth because of gum disease, decay, or trauma, neighbouring teeth will shift, potentially causing a change in the way your teeth fit together. What could that mean for you? Pain and difficulty enjoying the foods you love, even difficulty speaking. Another negative outcome for many is a blow to their self-esteem.
By placing a dental implant, your dentist in Keswick can get you off the slippery slope and return you to optimum oral health.
What is an implant and how does it work? An implant is a replacement tooth root and crown that permanently replaces the lost tooth – or teeth.
Here are a few of the numerous benefits to dental implants …
- Save your smile. By getting implants immediately after tooth loss, you can prevent bone loss and maintain – or even improve – your facial appearance.
- Enjoy eating your favorite foods just like you did with your natural teeth (or maybe even more). Pain or discomfort won’t get in your way!
- Speak clearly. Since implants don’t slip, click, or shift, you’ll deliver your next speech or have a one-on-one conversation with well-founded confidence.
- Restore self-esteem. With a complete smile, you are much more likely to share it with those around you.
- Easy care. There are no special instructions for caring for your implant(s). Your excellent home care and regular professional hygiene visits are all you need.
Quick facts about dental implants and tooth loss …
- Dental implants have a success rate of 98%.
- A total of 6.4% of Canadians have no natural teeth at all.
- About 2% of the globe has severe tooth loss.
- A total of 30% of adults 65-74 years old don’t have any natural teeth.
With proper care, implants can last a long time. Factors that can affect their longevity include poor homecare, irregular dental appointments, and illnesses such as diabetes.
Did you just lose a tooth? Do you know someone – a friend, family member, or colleague – who wants to close the gap in their smile? Call now to book a consultation and exam. We’ll look at your unique dental health and overall health and talk about implant options with you. As a caring team of dental professionals who are devoted to helping you achieve a healthy, full smile, we will help determine if this restorative option is best for you!
Yours in continuing oral health,
Dr. Steven Belbin and team